Folding… the easiest and most economical way to add rigidity
to metal screens… and make installation easier
By adding a simple 90 degree fold to the edge of the screen, you can create significant rigidity, and reduce or eliminate the need for framing.
Depending on your application, there are a number of ways these folds can be used:
- We can fold the top and bottom edges of screens fitted between posts to allow frame-free installation – ideal for fences and screen walls
- We can add side rails to this system, which is perfect for infills into front fences and masonry walls
- We can fold all the edges of the screen, effectively making a shallow box when we do this, we then weld the corners and sand to a flush finish prior to powder coating for extra strength and premium presentation.
- To install between a wall and / or posts, you can simply screw through the sides of the fold. This gives you a seamless, fixing free finish from the face side.
- The shallow box structure also makes it very easy to hang the screen on a wall or fence. We have several simple mounting options that work very well.
- You can then also use this structure as the basis for an excellent lightbox.
- With careful planning, we can also use folds to fabricate complete structures like bin screens and pool pump enclosures.
A second fold can be added if desired, which stiffens up the panels exceptionally.
Folds are available on screens up to 3000mm long – please call for options on screens longer than 3000mm.
Each fold reduces the overall width of the panel by the corresponding amount.
PICS OF FOLDS REQUIRED